Pre-Wedding Health Test: What Every Nigerian Couple Needs To Know
Love is a beautiful thing. It is such a big deal to finally find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Congratulations to you!
Dealing with the African Wedding shenanigans is a huge project. The Bridal train, Groomsmen, couple attires, the wedding venue, food, Aso-Ebi…the checklist is endless. It is not unexpected that in between all the wedding planning frenzy, important conversations are missed. Unfortunately, the cost of neglecting the important discussions can be expensive.
The health of your new family should be a priority. Just before walking down the aisle together, there is basic health information about each other that you must have. This will help you prepare better for the future and enable you to have a happy and healthy married life.
What are Pre-wedding Tests
Pre-wedding tests are health tests designed to screen couples about to start a family together. They offer an important overview of the health of each partner and the results of these tests can help newly married couples enter into their relationship informed and confident there will be no undesirable consequences.
Pre-wedding tests arms couples with information and education on what infections to be aware of and what genetic traits can affect the health of any child they might have:
Why do I need to get tested?
- It helps identify potential health risks for you, your spouse, and your future children.
- It will help you to get proper medical care if required
- Pre-wedding screening arms couples with information and education on what infections to be aware of.
- It helps you and your spouse understand your genes and what genetic traits can affect the health of your future child
What tests are covered in the package?
- HIV and STDs: It is essential to get screened for lifetime diseases such as HIV, Hepatitis B, these diseases can strain the marriage. You also need to test for curable STDs such as gonorrhea, syphilis, bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, Chlamydia, etc.
- Genotype: Your genotype testing should be considered a critical factor when planning a family. The reason for genotype testing is to prevent the continuation of birthing sickle cell kids. Sickle cell disease is connected with a deficiency in the red blood cells and is a lifetime illness. Take the test to rule out your possibility of carrying a sickle cell.
- Blood Group: A blood group test is used to determine the blood group of an individual. It’s crucial to verify the blood group of your spouse to prevent cases associating with the blood group. There are four main blood groups namely A, B, AB, and O, and another component referred to as the Rhesus factor (Rh). The Rh can either be positive or negative. If an Rh-positive man marries an Rh-negative wife, there is a 50% chance the baby will be rhesus positive. In this case, problems can occur if the mother is Rh-negative and the baby is Rh-positive.
- Tuberculosis: In Nigeria, every one hour 18 people die of tuberculosis (TB). TB is a contagious infection caused by bacteria, it mostly affects the lungs. It can also spread to other parts of the body like the spine and brain. TB is spread from person to person through cough, sneeze, or spit. A person needs to inhale only a few of these germs to become infected. You and your partner will be living in the same house together, be sure that you are screened for TB.
- Total Cholesterol: This test is the measurement of the overall cholesterol level in the body. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol is bad cholesterol. High-density lipoprotein HDL cholesterol: This is good cholesterol because it helps remove LDL cholesterol from your blood. High cholesterol will impact your choice of meals and lifestyle. Prevention is better than cure. Get tested and make informed decisions about your health.
- Father’s Day Health Plan (Comprehensive)₦90,000.00
- Father’s Day Health Plan ( Standard)₦45,000.00
- Fathers Day Health Plan (Basic)₦25,000.00
- Pre-Marriage Fertility Test₦100,000.00
- Pre-Marriage Fertility Test Women₦50,000.00
- Pre-Marriage Fertility Test Men₦50,000.00
- Widal Test (Typhoid)₦3,000.00
- Malaria Test Kit (Family Pack)₦10,000.00
- Malaria Test Kit (Personal Pack)₦4,000.00
- COVID Test Ilorin₦39,500.00
To help you prepare better to be healthy and happily married, Healthtracka has put together some packages for you and your spouse to get screened before going into marriage.
Basic Plan: This test is for you if you recently did your general health check-up test but want to be sure about your compatibility with your partner. If your church requires you to submit a pre-wedding test result, this affordable package is perfect for you. This contains 3 basic screenings you need to do namely HIV Rapid, Genotype, Blood Group, and a Pregnancy (bonus test) for women. Book here.
Standard Plan: This test is for you if you and your partner have little or no insight as to your current health status. Before you get married, a fuller test package that gives you more health insights you need to know about yourself and your spouse. This package contains 8 main screenings namely HIV Rapid, Genotype, Blood Group, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Tuberculosis, Total Cholesterol, and a Pregnancy test (bonus for women). Book here.
Can I afford this test?
Healthtracka\’s pre-wedding tests are affordable and designed with you in mind. You can book the best from as little as N10,000 only and you get FREE Home Sample Collection.
Where can I get tested?
To get tested at the comfort of your home, visit www.healthtracka.com to book your test and schedule a sample collection appointment. It is fast, convenient, and affordable.
What is the testing process like?
- Order for your test: Visit healthtracka.com to book your pre-wedding test, select and pay for the package.
- Get your samples taken: Choose to have our medical team come in for home sample collection.
- Receive your results online: Your digital results will be sent to you by email 24-48hrs after the sample gets to the lab. You can view or download the results to share with your doctor.
What if any of my tests come out positive?
You are in good hands when you book your test with Healthtracka. In the case of a positive result, you can review your results with any of our doctors who will take you through what your next steps should be.
‘Our vision at Healthtracka is to empower every Nigerian to take control of their health, prevent diseases and effectively manage existing medical conditions with the help of at-home health testing’.